{1000 Gifts} Joy found in the Ocean









Washington is the only place I've ever gone somewhere labeled a "beach" and had to wear Ugg boots. It's also the only place I've been that has such crisp, brisk air, with wind cold enough to turn my nose red.  This past weekend when I was on a Young Life retreat, we took a few minutes to explore the beach. We were able to drive our car down on the sand...it was crazy awesome! You know what I loved the most, beyond the water and stunning view? The designs that the sand create. Design is embedded in all things, and one of my favorite places to find it is in nature! I stood there in awe, although it was a blustery, freezing cold day, I stood still thinking of things I was thankful for. Upon returning home after our retreat was over, I jotted down a few more things I was thankful for, as apart of my 1000 Gifts Thankful Challenge*.


109. Ocean roars
...
112. Intricate designs in the sand
113. Renewed joy in our family
114. Puppy kisses
115. Puppy ears
116. Hope!
117. Finding a purpose and a calling
118. A weekend away
119. Young Life
120. People with a heart for the youth
121. Rest
...
129. New relationships & friendships
...
135. Silly TV shows {ie. The Bachelor...hollla}
136. Candles burning


I hope you'll join me in this little big challenge of coming up with all the things that bring a smile to your face or light up your heart!


*1000 Gifts Thankful Challenge: In my favorite book One Thousand Gifts, the author challenges us to keep a journal of 1000 things that we are thankful for, or that bring us joy. We do this to remind us of the many blessings in our lives!*


What are you thankful for today?
Love,
Photobucket


PS. Don't forget to take the poll on my sidebar, letting me know what posts you love seeing here on the blog! I love my reader's feedback! -------->

20 comments

  1. Imagine the culture shock I felt when I went to the beach in San Diego for the first time and everyone was wearing swim suits! I grew up wearing sweatshirts and jeans to the beach. :) I sure do love the coast in the NW though, some of the prettiest views of nature I've ever seen. Love your thankful list! Such a great idea. Xo, Katie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the ocean. Today I am thankful for sunshine :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have next to no time for blogs right now...yet I clicked on yours today. :) Good to be reminded of simple things (yet there are so many big things, too) on a day when I feel less than my best (tired, stressed, dragged down...yet I know He that is in me is greater than he that is in the world. ;)

    I liked this little post. Looking at God's beautiful ocean made me relaxed. Seriously. Thanks, Michaela. Go enjoy that sweet puppy girl. :)

    (Now I feel like heading to MY beach where traditional attire is appropriate...or should I say, lack thereof, on Miami Beach. Ha!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love beaches like that. They are so calming and beautiful. I love your list of gratitude. We have lots of things in common including candles burning and the bachelor lol. have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful photos!! Hope you get to warm up this weekend in CA! Give the pup a big hug for me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your beaches are just beautiful! I think my favorite time to go to the beach is when it's cold and you get to wear sweatshirts and drink hot coffee. There is something so serene about it and somehow brings comfort and peace to my soul. God really is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I forgot to ask you how your retreat went! I'm glad you enjoyed it and had time to reflect. :) There are so many things to be thankful for! I need to try and remember that instead of dwelling on the negative.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a great challenge! I keep a running list in my purse of little things that make me happy or that I'm thankful for. Many things have been written two and three times. But it's nice to see how often I've "remembered" that I'm thankful for whatever it is. Love your photo of the birds <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have been wanting to read that book...now I think I have to. What a great oulook. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I knew as soon as I saw these pictures that this was a Washington Beach :) Oh how I miss Seattle. I also love your list of things to be grateful for. Such a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this challenge it's so sweet and such a great reminder that we have so much to be thankful for!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey friend :) Look, my first comment as a real live fellow blogger!!

    Your pictures are beautiful, and growing up in Maine, I can definitely relate to some chilling days at the beach. I hope you enjoyed your retreat. I find it always nice to get away and reflect every now and then :) XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the ocean too! Whenever I feel stressed, I run out and just sit on the sand and think and pray, works everytime to calm me down!!!

    eileen
    www.acreativedayblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such gorgeous photos! I love that you have a heart for Young Life! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. So good how you are finding all the positives! The 1000 gifts Thankful Challenge is really inspiring :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love this post. :) Sometimes you realize the small, simple things are just a BIG expression of who God is!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Was this your first time to the WA coast? I had similar sentiments to Mrs. Bright in visiting warmer climes for the first time. Its a different experience, but it has its own wonderful coziness. PS - Danielle and I have a photo on that exact same beach!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am so hoping to get my kiddos to the beach this year. They have never been. Although I'm thinking the warm fun in the sun kind of beach going. =)

    Today I am thankful for time with my kiddos. Wouldn't trade that for the world. Oh and the mild winter we are having so far! =)

    Glad to have found your blog! Love your style!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you for just making me realize something. I live 5 minutes from the beach and never go. I don't know why I feel like I have to go to Hawaii to go to the beach. How ridiculous! The beach is wonderful even in Uggs.

    ReplyDelete
  20. It's nice to get updates on your 1000 gifts list! Isn't that the best book?! Life-changing.

    Thanks for the images and inspiration.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! If you have a specific question, please email me at hello@michaelanoelledesigns.com. I always reply to emails! Have a blessed day! xoxo

Back to Top