1000 Gifts: My List Continues


I haven't done a 1000 gifts post in a while. {If you aren't familiar with this, the idea was sparked by Ann Voskamp's book One Thousand Gifts, where the challenge of creating a list of 1000 things you're thankful for is presented. I've kept a thankful journal for the past year... join me!}  Anyways, today I'm making up for it and sharing some of the blessings in my life. Whether big or little, it's important to count our blessings and find grace and joy in our daily lives. The key to happiness truly is this: continually expressing thanks for what God has gifted us with.  I thought it would be fun to do this thankful post in pictures I've taken over the last few weeks.

Stairs, architecture and color in unexpected places.
 A little brother who's kind, fun, and handsome {I am bias :)}
 Succulents; intricate detail, vibrant colors and easy to keep alive.
 Colors of the rainbow lined up for the eye to rest on. Painting; freeing the soul.
 Parent's who love each other, love us, and love God. Thankful for their 25 years of marriage.
 White and fluffy layers folded all in one, the sweet smell and warm feeling only peonies can give you.
 Vines, grapes, cool greens, warm yellows, miles of vineyards, lots of texture.
Friendships that sustain themselves across the country. 
 Polka dots and ombre and J.Crew and new shirts.
 Our naughty, sweet, rambunctious, blanket-loving, puppy who brings joy with each wet kiss.
The sweet taste of wine. Yes, I have officially acquired the taste. 
Little notes that brighten the day, even when written by you.  Oh, and chalkboard paint.
All photos taken and edited by michaela noelle designs
I love the idea of writing all these out in my journal. If I'm having a discouraging day, I can flip through all the things I've listed. And then list 10 more right then. It helps get your heart back into the right place.
What are you thankful for on this Friday?  List a few things in the comments so we can revel in each other's blessings!
Have a blessed weekend! 
Keep up with my weekend happenings on instagram: michaelanoelle
Love,
Photobucket

11 comments

  1. aw this post is the sweetest--- love to just list things I am thankful for because its crazy how many things are blessings that we just overlook normally! love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is so lovely :) great little letters/reflections and i agree these are wonderful to know being thankful! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Things I'm thankful for today:
    bobby pins
    music
    my cell phone
    the sky being so blue
    God's goodness to me, even
    though I don't deserve it!

    Great post, Michaela! :)

    Much love!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Ann Voskamp! I've kept a thankfulness journal, and it really changes your outlook and perspective on life. It allows you to realize all that the Lord has provided you with-even the little things! Have a great weekend, Michaela!


    Allyssa

    www.clothedwithstrengthanddignity.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this idea. It's so easy to get caught up in the hustle and bustle and forget the little things and sweet evidences of God. Thanks for sharing :).

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just downloaded 1000 gifts on my Kindle yesterday and I'm so excited to start reading it this weekend!! Also, is that staircase in the first picture in Carmel? If so I definitely took a picture in front of it when we were there! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I kept a "Thankful" journal for years! I love flipping through the pages. I now tweet a lot of the things I'm thankful for, but journaling is such a wonderful release!

    -Jess
    sparklesandcrafts.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. My roommate and I have "Happy Days" written all over our house. Probably too much. hahah It is a nice reminder though. I love counting my blessings

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your list. I've been re-reading the book and this past week I started counting gifts again (sadly, I got out of the habit). it is amazing how it can change your attitude!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm thankful for:
    1. God and His constant reassurance that things will be okay.
    2. My mom
    3. science and medicine that is providing the chemo to help my mom fight breast cancer

    ReplyDelete
  11. OK seriously could you be any sweeter ?!

    I am thankful to God I have been reading the Magic by Rhonda Bryne and this post made me think of my intentions on writing a list of what I am grateful for ... problem is I was having difficulties writing it on paper .. maybe it would work on my blog too !

    Chrissi xo

    www.christianaholt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! If you have a specific question, please email me at hello@michaelanoelledesigns.com. I always reply to emails! Have a blessed day! xoxo

Back to Top