Pink & Purple Girls Room Reveal


Over the summer I had the opportunity to work with Bay Area based interior designer, Cristin, of Simplified Bee.  You know when you just click with someone?? That's precisely how I am with Cristin...and I love it.  I feel so blessed to have had the chance to work with her and soak up all sorts of knowledge on design and life as a designer.  Today I'm showing off a little girl's room designed by Cristin.  At the end of the summer, we devoted an entire day to photographing many rooms she had been working on and we had so much fun styling the rooms and working with our talented photographer, Summer, of Plum Lily Photography.

This duet of purple and pink just brings a smile to my face, because this is exactly the type of room I would choose for myself if I was a little girl again.  

Here's a little bit from Cristin about the design of the room:
What to do when two girls can't agree on a color scheme for their shared bedroom? For this seven year old who loves pink and her ten year old sister who loves purple, I started with neutral white linens. Custom Euro shams and bolsters were created for each girl with their favorite colors in mind. Whimsical prints of a pink flamingo and purple seahorse were found on Etsy, framed and placed above each bed. I love multi-functional pieces in a room, so a white lacquer mini Parsons desk was placed between the beds - it serves as a nightstand and study spot. The clear ghost chair was added because it didn't add too much visual weight to the space. The walls were painted a soft lavender, while a bold pink and white area rug was selected for the floor - it's cotton and small enough to throw in a standard washing machine - perfect for kids! The dresser was painted a soft pink and topped with a fun bubble gum table lamp, antique mirror and abstract art. Although a challenge to design at first, the room turned out beautifully and both girls love that it reflects their unique style.






It's lovely, isn't it?! See that abstract art up there on the dresser? That was painted by yours truly :) Inspired by the beautiful colors of the room and firework-looking pillows, I let the brush take over my hand and came up with something that we both thought made the dresser pop.  For custom abstract art inquiries, you can email me.

Thank you, Cristin, for allowing me to be your shadow this summer.  I am forever grateful!  What's your favorite element in this pretty room?
Happy Monday!
Love,
Photobucket

16 comments

  1. This room is so pretty ! I wanna be a kid again lol and this needs to be my room but minus a sibling hahaha !

    Love Chrissi xo

    www.christianaholt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the design and colors! I especially love the headboards. Great job to you both!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh it looks great. You girls did a wonderful job. I love the orange little vase and that mini parsons desk. I am sure the girls really enjoying their space.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a fun and feminine space...love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. it's gorgeous! the color palette is slghtly more grown up which i love!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love pink! Where is the lamp from? Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful and fun room. I bet the girls are thrilled with their new space. You and Cristin did an amazing job! Love your artwork Michaela! Great addition to their room.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks again for all your help that day!!! Your painting was a special touch.

    Hope all is well in LaLa Land!

    xo
    cristin

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG this room is gorgeous. I swear kids today are so lucky. I think my fave detail is the contrasting flamingo and seahourse prints...but I also LOVE the bench and pillows! What a talented lady! And what an amazing opportunity you had Michaela!

    ReplyDelete
  10. yes please! simply perfect, and I kinda want it for myself! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your abstract art is amazing! You are so talented...no fair! ; )

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my goodness...that rug! Those headboards! Those PILLOWS! Everything is so perfectly girly and adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. what a cute and sweet room!!! love it

    ReplyDelete
  14. What paint color is this? I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So sorry for the delay-- I had to ask the designer!! Here you go :) Benjamin Moore's iced lavender 1410

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by! If you have a specific question, please email me at hello@michaelanoelledesigns.com. I always reply to emails! Have a blessed day! xoxo

Back to Top