Day in the Life


One of the blog post topics I got asked to do multiple times in my reader survey at the beginning of the year was a Day in the Life post, showing a typical day in my week. I thought it'd be a fun one, since I haven't done this type of post in a while! You can check out this one from when I was in college to see how things have changed ;) The day I documented was a Monday (I think from last week) and I just did normal activities and errands. Wednesday I have work days with my business partner for The Bloom Workshop, so the day looks a lot different. At least once a week I have design client meetings to pick tile, fabrics, or accessories, so those also change up my routine. This is a rough idea of what my days look like when I work from home:


6:30-7am: I wake up to my husband's alarm, but thankfully I fall back asleep pretty easily while he gets ready for work. He always comes back in to give me a kiss before he leaves, which is when I usually start waking up for real...around 8. Then I stay in bed for a bit to really wake up ;)

8:30am- Get out of bed and make my english muffin (with peanut butter!) and tea. I usually have some fresh fruit as well. I've mentioned before that my favorite kind of tea is Cream Caramel Decaf from the TeaHaus, but I also recently tried Vanilla Decaf and Vanilla Rooibos (naturally decaffeinated) and they are great, too!

This is when I do my devotional, read a chapter in my current book (Nothing to Prove, if you're wondering!) and check my email on the couch. I reply to anything pressing, then schedule my Facebook post(s) for the day.



10am: It's usually around then that I grab my planner and write out everything I need to get done for the day. If it's a Monday, which it was when I did these pictures, I also write out any events in my planner that are going on during the week. For the day tasks, I write out any appointments and then any interior design client names that need my attention that day. I also write my tasks for Bloom.


Since this day was a Monday, I also meal planned. Ideally this would be done with my husband on a Sunday, but sometimes we run out of time and then the meals are up to me ;) I got this one from Rifle Paper Co. but it's gone now. Such a shame!!


I also rotated the laundry in this time and folded some. Not my favorite thing, but it's got to get done! ;)

10:30am- I get ready for the day!

11:30am- Head to the grocery store, which in this case was the normal market and Trader Joe's.



Two of my TJ's favorites: chocolate chip cookie dough and cranberry apple juice:

1pm- After putting away my groceries and having lunch myself, I start working for the rest of the afternoon. I've already answered emails in the morning, so by now I'll usually have a few more to respond to, then it's client design time!

I also ALWAYS have my water bottle by me, because I try to drink a ton of water throughout the day. Always with a lemon in it, too! PS. You may notice the G chat screen on my email...that'd be a chat with my husband-- just checking in on each other's days. Love doing this, so we feel connected throughout the day even when we're not together.

Space planning for a client's office rug and furniture in Auto CAD.

Sometimes I do freelance floor planning for event planners who need my assistance in space planning a wedding reception. This one was for a 180 guest count at my wedding venue, so it was a fun one!

On this day I also had a an e-design Skype consultation.


5-5:30pm- This is when I usually start dinner if I'm cooking that night.

6:30pm- Husband gets home! We eat dinner together and share about the day. I'm a lucky wife, as he usually does the dishes for me while I finish up tomorrow's blog post if it's not done yet!

7:30pm- We'll either read, go for a walk (in the summer!) or sit down to watch a show together. Lately, we've seemed to have a show on every night of the week. Between The Voice, This Is Us (which isn't going to be on until Fall now...SAD!), Designated Survivor, and The Catch we are pretty busy. Ha!

On the day I took these pictures, it was actually the Bachelor finale, so I went to a friend's house for a viewing party. #dontjudgeme

10:30-11pm- Bedtime! Not going to lie, I love bedtime :)

And because it wouldn't be a blog post of mine without a flower picture, here's a picture of the ranunculus I picked up at the grocery store on the day I took these pictures. Isn't she lovely?! Still alive and thriving as I type this, too!


What's YOUR day look like?!

Have a wonderful day!
xoxo

Photobucket
interior design website / services / portfolio

PS! Lulu & Georgia is having their friends and family 25% off sale that only happens once a year! They have some of the best home decor! Just use the code BESTIES



1 comment

  1. I am so nosey - I LOVE these posts!
    What a perfect day my friend - calm and relaxed but you got so much done. It reminded me of my days before I had the girls - the sweetest newlywed memories.
    I need to work on one of these posts x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! If you have a specific question, please email me at hello@michaelanoelledesigns.com. I always reply to emails! Have a blessed day! xoxo

Back to Top