{How-To} Gallery Wall Evolution

Last week I helped my good friend vamp up her living room wall by creating a gallery/feature wall. They have a large family room with very tall ceilings, so trying to divert the eye from the TV, and instead give you something prettier to look at was the key.  We gathered all the frames she had and laid it out on the floor before nailing everything to the walls, just to be sure we fancied the layout.  Once we landed on a layout we liked, up it went! This post is to show you the evolution of her gallery wall, as it's not quite finished yet. In the "Progress" picture, I labeled lots of little things to show you what our future plans are for the wall.  I think we can all agree the progress is so much better than the before! {And if you're wondering why the wall color looks so different, it's actually the same wall color in all pictures.  The lamp was on and it was dark outside in the first one!}





With the addition of the few things mentioned above, their family gallery wall will be complete. Eventually all the frames will be black & white filled with adorable family photos- and let me tell you, this family is quite adorable. I have the privilege of watching these two cuties and being close friends with their lovely mama. If you're interested in following their journey to adopting a new baby, follow Kate's blog here. It's a true inspiration. 



photo by ashley slater photography

I can't wait to show you the finished gallery wall very soon!  Have you hung any gallery walls recently? 

Happy Monday!
Love,
Photobucket

11 comments

  1. I have been wanting to do a gallery wall in our home- but never get around to it! yours looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey michaela! this is a fun post, who doesn't love a good gallery wall? i'm excited to see how it turns out.
    thanks for the sweet comments! i got some ghost pumpkins along with some regular ones and ended up painting the ghost ones because they were just too pretty to carve up, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to create a gallery wall. I have picked up a few things along the way but I just can't seem to fit them all in. Its been a frustrating task :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, so fun! I love gallery walls because they are so personal. I have a blank wall in my kitchen that is begging for a gallery to be put on it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks SO fabulous! You are so talented, girlfriend. I'm so impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh nice ! I am in the process of planning our gallery wall above the sofa. I need to find some artwork that my partner and I both like. In fact I will go and look now ... thanks for the reminder !!

    Love Chrissi xo

    www.christianaholt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. love--- I can't wait until I have a house and I can fly you out to help me decorate it all up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are just so good! Can't wait to see the final product. And I will call you en route to my dinner tonight :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. They really are the cutest family! We need to do a gallery wall like that! Our tv looks super similar where it's at.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The wall is looking fabulous! Definitely a ton of progress.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Can't wait to see the finished product! I started one just a few weeks ago {I posted what I have so far}. I'd been putting it off for so long then realized that I should just start it and add as I need to!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! If you have a specific question, please email me at hello@michaelanoelledesigns.com. I always reply to emails! Have a blessed day! xoxo

Back to Top